Wednesday 19 June 2013

My Son Hates His Bedroom

Do you love your children's bedrooms?  Or do you wish they were a little less "quick, shut the door so I don't have to look at it!" Up until a few months ago one of our bedrooms was a bit like that. Although the house previously belonged to a designer who had great taste, I couldn't fully appreciate the turquoise and yellow colour scheme.

The boys loved it of course, but my eyes hurt whenever I went near it.  And let's be honest, I'm spending more time in there (tidying!) than either of those two! I pulled out the can of white paint and five coats later I put the brush down and swore I couldn't see any turquoise peeking through...well I couldn't when I squished up my eyes.

One of my darling boys took one look at their fresh, clean, peaceful new-look bedroom and screamed at me. He hated it. Really hated it. I didn't mind, it wasn't giving me a headache anymore. Subsequently, I've added black triangles on the wall which I love. Apparently he hates triangles too.

For the sake of happy, well adjusted children my plan of attack is to buy Megan Morton's latest book, I Love My Room. The woman's a genius. I've already started practicing my curtsy's for the day we meet. I am positive once I inject some Megan Morton Magic into the bedroom I won't be able get the boys out of it.

In the meantime, have a look at some of my favourite bedrooms found on Pinterest.










MAxx

No comments:

Post a Comment